Are electric golf trolleys worth it? Are you tired of lugging around a heavy golf bag on the course? With the rise of motorized push carts, you can now enjoy a round of golf in style and comfort. But with so many options on the market, it can be tough to determine which electric golf trolley is the best fit for you. In this article, we'll delve into the truth about these convenient carts and help you decide if one is worth the investment for your golfing needs. Get ready to join the electric trolley revolution and say goodbye to shoulder strain!
What is an Electric Golf Trolley?
An electric golf trolley, AKA a motorized golf push cart or electric golf caddy, is a small, portable vehicle that is designed to carry a golfer's bag and equipment around the golf course. It is powered by an electric motor and can be controlled manually or by a remote. These trolleys are typically lightweight and easy to maneuver, making them a popular alternative to carrying a heavy golf bag on the course. They are operated by either a remote or controls on the handlebar. The remote is by far my favorite because it makes it incredibly convenient. It's honestly like having a caddie. They are also equipped with features such as beverage holders, scorecard holders, and umbrella holders to make the golfing experience more convenient.
Pros and Cons of Electric Trolleys
Let's take a look at the Pros/Cons to using an electric golf trolley:
Here are several reasons why electric golf trolleys can be a worthwhile investment:
- If you're like me, then you usually play better when you walk. Having an electric golf trolley is like having a caddie (except you don't have to pay a tip!) As you walk toward the green to your next shot hopefully you'll find that you'll have already played the next shot in your mind. It allows you to be more prepared for the upcoming shot.
- Exercise! Why ride when you can essentially have your own personal caddie!
- You'll likely get more enjoyment out of the game. I think it's awesome just walking around the course not having to push or carry my clubs.
- If you have a remote and/or follow cart then it quite literally does all of the work for you! You direct it from the remote or it follows you around!
- They help save your energy and stamina for the game because you don't have to carry or push your heavy golf bag around the course.
- They can help you keep up with the pace of play. You can send your cart towards your ball while you help your playing partners look for theirs! We all hate slow golf.
- They're obviously easier to maneuver than a manual push cart, especially on hilly or uneven terrain. This will make your golfing experience more enjoyable and stress-free.
- Additional features: Many electric trolleys come with convenient features such as beverage holders, umbrella holders, and scorecard holders, & there is typically plenty of space for storage.
- Environmentally friendly: Electric trolleys are powered by electricity and do not produce emissions, making them a more environmentally friendly option compared to gas-powered carts.
- They're quiet when the motor is in operation.
- I'LL SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST. You have a free hand to enjoy your favorite drink (IC Light for me) while you walk down the middle of the fairway to make that birdie!
- It's true - they are more expensive. Definitely worth it though. I found that out after I used mine the 1st time! Look at it as a health investment (both physically & mentally). The first time I used mine I described it as being "free" to my buddy. That's the feeling I had.
- They battery powered which means you need to remember to charge your battery after you're done golfing. Don't worry, if you don't have a full charge almost all of them have a free-wheel mode so you can push it if you make that mistake. PRO-TIP - don't forget to charge it up!
- They are heavier than your typical push cart which will require a little more work getting it in & out of your trunk at the golf course. I'm certain if you have issues getting it in/out of your trunk there will be a helping hand near the parking lot. There are a lot of good people in this world!
So, Are Electric Golf Trolleys Worth it?
Heck Yes! It's honestly the best purchase I've made in the golf world. Electric golf trolleys are definitely worth it for many golfers. Here are a few reasons why:
Overall, the benefits of electric golf trolleys significantly outweigh the drawbacks for many golfers. For more information, check out this link: Motorized Golf Push Cart
Advice for Anyone Shopping for a Motorized Golf Trolley
If you're in the market for a motorized golf trolley, here are some tips to make sure you get the best cart for your buck:
- What kind of budget are you working with? Motorized golf trolleys can range in price so you'll need to figure out how much you're willing to spend before you start shopping. This will help narrow down your options and ensure that you get the best trolley for your needs and price range. They're just like buying a vehicle. You can buy the Cadillac or you can buy the Chevy. Both work just fine it's just that one has more bells & whistles than the other.
- Know what you want: Think about what features are important to you and how you plan to use the trolley. Do you want the remote/follow option or are you okay with controlling the cart from the handlebars? Do you need a lot of storage space? Would you like to have extra bells and whistles like a GPS? Do you get tired after walking so far & need a seat?
- Do your research: Check out different trolley models and read reviews from other golfers. This will give you an idea of which trolleys have good quality and performance. For the most part people leave honest & unbiased reviews. Heck, ask us...we will help try & point you in the right direction.
- Ask around. This is the beginning of a huge growth spurt for electric trolleys. More & more people are taking them to the course.
- Don't forget about the fine print: Check to see if the trolley comes with a warranty. Don't worry. Big Horn Golfer stands behind all of the products that we offer. We will help in any way we can.
Understand the Difference Between 3 vs 4 Wheel Push Carts
When shopping for a push cart, you have the choice between 3 wheels or 4 wheels. Here are some things to consider when deciding which option is best for you:
These bad boys are "usually" more compact and easier to maneuver, making them a solid choice for hilly courses. They can also handle rough terrain pretty well. However, they might not be as stable as 4 wheel push carts and may not have as much storage space. Check out the products at this link:
The Super E-Caddy The Pro is an electric golf cart that is remotely operated plus it has a freewheel mode. It has a 27-hole battery life and a multifunctional remote for easy use. It also has a cooler, seats, umbrellas, and storage for golf balls, scorecards, and tees. It is durable, built for rugged terrain and hilly courses, and has a built-in power charger. It folds down for easy storage and weighs 44 lbs. It comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer. I like to coin it as the Beer drinker's favorite (again, IC Light for me).
These carts are usually bigger and have more storage space, which is great if you like to bring all your golfing goodies with you. They're also generally more stable and can handle heavier loads. The downside is that they might not be as nimble on hilly courses.
Click on this link to browse the selection:
Stewart Golf X10 & Q Models
The Stewart Golf X10 Remote is the latest remote-controlled golf cart in the successful X-Series. It's known for being one of the best electric push carts and the X10 Remote is no exception. This 4 wheel electric trolley is actually great on hills. It is slightly bigger than its counterpart the Stewart Golf Q Remote which gives it a lower center of gravity. It allows you to easily control your cart while you play and has a long battery life of 36 holes (optional). Say goodbye to the frustration of pushing a manual cart and enjoy a more enjoyable game with the Stewart Golf X10 Remote.
The follow option is fantastic. You walk it follows with the tap of a button. If you feel the need for speed & want the carbon fiber look then we have that option too! Simple as that & you can check them out here:
In the end, it all comes down to personal preference and what works best for your needs. What's your budget? Do you need a lot of storage space and stability?
Factor in Size & Weight
When considering an electric golf trolley the size and weight might be important factors to consider. You want a trolley that is easy to maneuver and transport, especially if you plan on taking it to different courses. You also don't want a trolley that is too bulky or heavy, as it can be inconvenient to use. Consider your needs and choose a trolley that is the right size and weight for you. This will help make your golfing experience more enjoyable and hassle-free.
Consider Other Features That Influence Performance
In addition to size and weight, there are several other features that can influence the performance of an electric golf trolley. Here are a few things to consider:
- Battery life: Choose a trolley with a long-lasting battery so you can get through a full round of golf without having to worry about running out of power. Most of the carts have a 36-hole battery option. This is great because you may forget to charge your battery after a round.
- Terrain compatibility: If you play on hilly or uneven courses, look for a trolley with good traction and stability to help it navigate rough terrain.
- Ease of use: Consider how easy it is to operate the trolley and make adjustments as needed. A trolley with simple, intuitive controls can make your golfing experience more enjoyable.
- Extras: Some electric golf trolleys come with additional features like built-in GPS, scorecard holders, and beverage holders. These can be convenient, but make sure they don't come at the expense of other important factors like durability and performance.
Big Horn Golfer can help guide you to picking the right cart specifically for you!
Check out the links below:
Final Thoughts on Why Electric Golf Trolleys are Worth it
If you love golf but hate the idea of lugging around a heavy manual cart then an electric trolley is the way to go. These high-tech carts do all the work for you which allows you to focus on your game and have more fun on the course. Plus, using an electric trolley can actually be good for your health. Walking the course with an electric trolley gets you moving and can help you get in a little bit of exercise while you play. And, let's be real, who doesn't want to save time on the course because slow play sucks. Electric trolleys can help you get around faster, so you can finish your round and get on with your day. Plus, using a trolley can help you stay more focused and minimize distractions, which can lead to better scores and a more enjoyable golfing experience overall. All in all, electric trolleys are a great investment for any golfer looking to up their game.
Looking for something a little different from an electric golf trolley? Check out this link for some alternative options: Motorized Golf Scooter